CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 19, 2012

Bowlin's Baptism

Well fast forward again, and it is spring!  Easter 2011 to be exact, and one of the most special days that I have had as a parent.  Bowlin was baptized on Easter Sunday.  Judy Pylate made him the most beautiful christening gown you have ever laid your eyes on.  Below is a picture of it.  It is not the best picture of Bowlin, but you can see all the detail on the gown better than other pictures.  Thank you Mrs. Judy for making the day so special with the PERFECT outfit!  

Dr. Bud Gordon did the Baptism for us.  I have a funny story.  I grew up Baptist, so I was 'dunked'.  So the infant baptism/christening thing is new to me.  So, I called Bud one day to tell him that Bo and I were ready to have Bowlin Baptized, and to try to work out a date.  When Bud answered I told him I was ready to have Bowlin "christened".  He quickly told me we were Methodist and that we Baptize babies and christen ships.  He said unless I wanted him to hit Bowlin over the head with a bottle of champagne, then we better baptize him and not christen him.  HA!  So, now of course I have no troubling remembering the difference in the words.  We decide Easter Sunday would be a special time to have the ceremony.  

After church we had a luncheon at our house.  We had both of our families along with some special friends.  The lunch was delicious and the weather was perfect so we had lunch on our front porch.  Below are some more pictures from the special day.   

Me, Bowlin, Bo, and Bud during the ceremony


Happy baby 


Butler family 


Mommy, Daddy and Baby B 


G and Pops 


My favorite picture of him in his gown; I think he looks like an angel

1 comments:

Megan said...

Sweet baby! Love the gown! I'm still not sure about the white unless you are scanning your pictures in...